Thursday, 17 July 2014

SDC 156 Favourite book

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by the very talented ~{France}~ and she would like us to make something inspired by our favourite book. Hhhmm. A few weeks ago the Journal 52 prompt was book inspired. For the J52 I've also been doing little index cards that explain my pages, so the journaling on the card says it all. 


I don't have a favourite book, but I do have these stamps.

I stamped ~{Mad Hatter}~, ~{Chessy}~ and ~{Rabbit}~ directly onto the card first of all, watercoloured them and then finger painted with acrylics around them. I had stamped them before, but one of the images didn't stamp properly (of course it was the last one) so I cut these out and laid them over the original images then splatted some inks over them. I kept the masks to use on the index card as I liked them with splats. (The journaling says how I made it up as I went along).

I then stamped their faces again and cut the eyes from Rabbit, the nose from Hatter and Chessy's grin and stuck them into the inky circle.

The semi-circles are stickers that I made by scanning an old journal page I like onto a sticker sheet. They are of the ~{Welcome Door}~.

I finished off with some doodling, shading and a quote using ~{Typewriter Alpha}~.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team have created and join with us to be in with the chance of winning one of two $30 vouchers to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous Kaz, and love the sentiment too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I could choose a favourite book! Your Alice stamps look great here - fab journal pages with your usual great attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Can I join your mad club??? Fantastic J52 my lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab Kaz, and I love your handwritting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're wonderful, love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever use of the images you do have, Kaz! Love your sentiment! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message x