Friday, 18 July 2014

Tando-Creative ~ Something Useful

This week's ~{Tando}~ theme is Something Useful and I have actually made something that takes a bit of time to make!! And I really enjoyed doing it!! I must confess before I start that I didn't actually put the boxes together. I was sat next to Di as she made them and took the step by step photos that come with them. When they were done, they found their way into my possession!

I've used the ~{Noteholder/Pen Pot Set}~ and used it to keep my washi tape in order. I stuck the two parts together before I started.


I gave everything a coat of gesso and then Mermaid Fresco paint. When these were dry I added paint with my fingers randomly, stamped a bit and then gave it all a coat of watery white paint and dabbed bit of it off so the colours showed through.

I painted the insides white and lined the floors with patterned paper.


I used ~{Grid Round Mask}~ all over the side panels and wiped some off with a baby wipe, then doodled away.

I've used a stamp onto the raised parts and doodled over that too.



I added alpha letters and a knobby thing to the front.


I've got 63 rolls of tape in this!! And there is room for 7 more!!!

I've also put my fave doodling pens, pencils and waterbrushes into the pen pot part. At the moment it is making me want to keep my desktop tidy because it's new, but I'm not sure how long this will last!!

Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow Kaz looks fab, I like to organise but it doesn't last!
Like all your Washi, I thought I had a lot (about 30 rolls) but you've got loads, love it.
Debbiex

Karen Gist said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! I just LOVE the way you have decorated this my lovely. Great idea for washi tape though my 13 reels would look a little lost haha xxx

Kath said...

Lovely box,Kaz. It will look fabulous on your desk.

massofhair said...

WOW Kaz, i am in Lurve with your storage. It is so beautiful, can see why you want to keep your washi tape in there.

Fantastic inspiration:-) xxx

Claudine Criner said...

This is fab, I just love everything about it.

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Pretty and useful!!! xoxo

Dotty Jo x said...

Love it! Jo x

Corrie Herriman said...

Very useful, and pretty too !
Corrie x

Angelnorth said...

Looks fantastic Kaz, hope it ecourages you to stay organised (although if you find the secret for that could you let me know what it is, please?!)

Hazel said...

Fantastic storage boxes, Kaz - and I love what you've done with them - you are so creative and inspirational x

Traceyr said...

What a great idea and it looks pretty too. Love the way you have decorated it Kaz.

wow 63 rolls of tape! :)

Kay Wallace said...

Totally brilliant, Kaz! We have a few of the same rolls of tape! I love pretty and functional, and this is it! Love it!